April 23, 2015

Feliç Sant Jordi

Today is Sant Jordi (Saint George), the patron saint of Catalonia and one of the most important festivities there. It's a day of culture and love, roses and books. I was born in Barcelona and I spent there my childhood and adolescence. That's why I get a little nostalgic at this time...

Ya os he comentado alguna vez que nací en Barcelona y pasé ahí mi infancia y adolescencia. Por eso, en estas fechas especiales me pongo un poco nostálgica y me vienen muchos recuerdos a la cabeza...

Feliç Sant Jordi! 

Pickles says: "I like reading roses and smelling books", in catalan

However, it's here in Amsterdam where I have met again my origins, as I live close by the Taverna Barcelona, a small lovely catalan restaurant, run by Jordi and Jordi (yes,it's not a joke), where they guard and take care of the catalan traditions. And what is more catalan than Sant Jordi's day...?

Sin embargo, ha tenido que ser aquí en Amsterdam donde me he reencontrado con mis orígenes, ya que tengo la suerte de vivir al lado de la Taverna Barcelona, un pequeño restaurante catalán, regentado por Jordi y Jordi (si, si, no es coña), en el que cuidan y mantienen con mimo las tradiciones y costumbres catalanas. Y fiesta más catalana que Sant Jordi....


A few days ago I told Pickles about the catalan tradition of giving roses and books to the people you love, and look what he's brought me this morning! Such a beautiful rose!! Thank you Piclkes! And since I know he loves reading, specially adventure books, I also had a surprise for him... I bought Robinson Crusoe, I think he's going to love it!

El otro día le comenté a Pickles que en la fiesta de Sant Jordi se regalan libros y rosas, y ni corto ni perezoso se ha presentado esta mañana en mi casa con este pedazo de rosa! Yo, que ya se que él es un lector empedernido ya le tenía preparado un libro, así que no me ha pillado desprevenida. Le he regalado Robinson Crusoe, por que se que los libros que más le gustan son los de aventuras.


If you like Pickles  (I must admit that I'm completely in love) and you've already crocheted your own Minus, pay attention to my Facebook fanpage and my blog because it'll be a lot of surprises soon, very soon...

Si te gusta Pickles (yo tengo que reconocer que estoy totalmente enamorada) y ya te has hecho tu propio Minus, presta atención a mi página de Facebook y a mi blog, porque pronto, muy pronto, habrá noticias...

More about Mijn Grote Familie (My big family)
Más sobre Mijn Grote Familie (Mi gran familia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...