May 11, 2018

Ilaria Caliri entrevista a... Amour Fou!

My name is Carla Mitrani and I am behind Amour Fou Crochet. I found in crocheting my true passion and I enjoy it enormously. I have two small children, so I mostly crochet at night, when they are in bed, which is a true therapy for me. 

I make myself a cup of tea and let go the tensions of the day through my hooks and yarns. Before I know it, it’s 1 am in the morning!

Soy Carla Mitrani y estoy detrás de Amour Fou Crochet. Encontré en el crochet a mi verdadera pasión y lo disfruto enormemente. Tengo dos niños pequeños así que tejo mucho de noche, cuando ellos duermen, lo cual es una verdadera terapia para mí. Me hago un té y libero las tensiones del día. A veces no me doy cuenta y se me hace la 1 de la mañana!


When did you start crocheting?
I began 6 years ago. I’ve always loved amigurumis and took a short workshop with the very talented Yan, from Pica Pau. My grandmother and great grandmother were crocheters but they did mostly doilies, blankets and little baskets that they hardened with lime.

Cuándo empezaste a hacer ganchillo?
Empecé hace 6 años. Siempre me gustaron los amigurumis e hice un curso con la genia de Yan, de Pica Pau. Mi abuela y mi bisabuela tejían al crochet, pero no muñecos sino tapetitos, manteles y canastitas que endurecían con cal.


Your amigurumi designs and patterns are mainly dolls, where do you get inspiration for your dolls? Do you have a list of characters from books/films/history which are going to be Amour Fou dolls in the future?
I have always liked dolls. I can’t fool anyone because I have two boys, so all the dolls that I still buy are for me! And as a doll-lover, I crochet the dolls and characters of the books, stories and movies I like and/or, if I had a daughter, I would make for her. They are mainly women that inspire me because of their personality or for what they’ve achieved. Every year I believe I won’t have any more ideas, and luckily, something shows up or inspires me.


Tus diseños y patrones son principalmente muñecas. De dónde sacas inspiración para tus muñecas? Tienes una lista de personajes de cuentos/películas/historia que van a ser muñecas Amour Fou en el futuro?
Siempre me gustaron las muñecas. No puedo engañar a nadie porque tengo dos niños varones, así que todas las muñecas que aún compro son para mí. Y tejo las muñecas y personajes de los libros, historias y películas que me gustan a mí y que, si tuviera una hija, le haría a ella.

Son mujeres que me inspiran o que me atraen por su personalidad o por lo que han logrado. Cada año pienso que no se me van a ocurrir más y de pronto surgen o veo algo que me inspira.


Do you have any favourite yarns or tools for your crochet designs?
I only use 100% cotton yarn because I love the feel of it and, for the same reason, I don’t like wool so much, plus it makes my hands sweat. I love the matte finish of cotton. As for hooks, I have several in different brands, but currently I am using one by Addi.

Tienes lanas o herramientas favoritas para tus diseños de ganchillo?
Uso sólo hilo de algodón porque no me gusta mucho la lana y además me hace transpirar las manos. Me encanta el acabado opaco del algodón. Tengo ganchillos de varias marcas, pero ahora estoy usando unos de Addi.


You are a journalist, TV producer and amigurumi designer, are there any skills you can use in both your jobs?
I don’t believe so. I am currently the producer of a political talk show and politics and crochet have nothing to do! Like the superheroes, I have a secret identity... in fact, my boss does not know that I am a doll designer too! Anyway, I get more ideas from the books I read to my sons or the movies I see with them. They both love reading and I enjoy showing them movies from my childhood, like Back to the Future and such...

Eres periodista, productora de TV y diseñadora de a migurumis. Hay habilidades que puedes usar en ambos trabajos?

No creo. En la actualidad soy productora de un programa tipo talk show político, lo cual está muy lejos del crochet. Siempre digo que, como los superhéroes, tengo una identidad paralela... de hecho mi jefe no sabe que hago muñecos! Saco más ideas de los libros que leen mis niños o las películas que veo con ellos. A los dos les gusta leer y me encanta mostrarles películas de mi infancia, como Volver al Futuro, por ejemplo.


If you had time what craft technique would you like to learn?
EMBROIDERY!!! I love it and know only a few basic stitches! Every year I include it in my New Year’s Resolutions and so far I’ve failed. I hope to achieve it in 2018.

Si tuvieses tiempo, qué técnica craft te gustaría aprender?

¡BORDADO! Me encanta y no sé casi nada!!! Me lo anoto todos los años como Resolución en Año Nuevo y ya van como 3 años que no cumplo. Espero poder lograrlo en 2018!


Interview made by Ilaria Caliri 
Entrevista hecha por Ilaria Caliri 

16 comments:

  1. Muy linda entrevista, los diseños de Amour Fou son hermosos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella es maravillosa, y dan ganas de tejer urgentemente todo lo que hace

      Delete
  2. Es la diseñadora que más me gusta. Sus patrones son muy simples de seguir y los diseños son hermosísimos. Además ella es humildad pura. Me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Además es que no para de crear! Es una máquina

      Delete
  3. So cute these creative . I'm in loved your things . Really attractive .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Highly appreciated. I love these type of handmade work. very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks sharing your creativity and valuable experience. I waiting for your next sharing knowledge in your blog.

    Clipping Path Service

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ilaria Caliri, these are really some great creations! I'm in love of your beautiful and attractive crocheting pieces.
    Commercial Space Rent In Banani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just astonished! Formidable thinking of making anything like this? Impressive and well explained which I never thought of before. Thanks for the article. Any day if you can think to change your dolls or creations' color and background then please click one. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sir, such beutifull writing this is.to be honest, I generally don't read. but, this article caught my attention. by the way we have one of the best hard disk cleaner called windirstat which will clean your all un needed filed from your PC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding photo editing and retouching services provided by this company in Photoshop! With ease, their talented crew produces amazing effects on photos. Their attention to detail is unparalleled, from little adjustments to complex retouching. A dependable option for flawless picture manipulation. Additional information regarding the Photo Editing & Retouching Company.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...